In Perth, we rarely have a reason to complain about the weather. But even if the sun is still shining on a winter day, we can’t escape those chilly mornings and cool nights. So, as it happens every year when the temperature starts to drop, the hoodies come out. For businesses, schools and clubs, it’s a must-have winter garment.
So why hoodies? Well, unlike jackets or other winter clothing, the humble hoodie doesn’t ever seem to change or go out of fashion. It’s also very gender neutral - everybody loves a comfortable and cosy hoodie.
If you’re planning to get custom printed hoodies in Perth, there are a few things you need to know. For starters, the hoodie is much thicker than your average printed t-shirt, so you’ll need to make sure your printer has specialised equipment to correctly print your logo or design. There’s more to cover, so let’s check out the ultimate guide to custom printed hoodies.
Why custom printed hoodies are so popular
Hoodies are universally appealing and don’t look out of place on anyone - young or old, male or female. If you’re a business or club, your custom printed hoodie is a great walking billboard as they are well suited to display logos. It doesn’t matter if you put your logo on the front or the back – the hoodie’s shape allows you to show off a design of any size.
One of the other great appeals of the hoodies is how well they suit various body shapes. Big or small, everyone seems to look and feel comfortable in a hoodie. If you’re printing branded hoodies to sell to your customers – you’ll always have a product with wide appeal.
How to create a custom printed hoodie
To create a custom printed hoodie, follow these five simple steps.
- Choose the material or type of garment you want. Most hoodies are made from fabric blends of 80% cotton and 20% polyester or some other type of synthetic fabric. This combination gives the final product breathability, durability and flexibility. However, if you want something more eco-friendly, you can choose 100% natural (or organic) fibres like cotton.
- Decide on the weight and thickness of your hoodie. Whether the custom hoodies are for personal or corporate use, you’ll want them to be soft, snug and just the right weight. Your hoodie supplier should be able to provide specifics on the material weight and thickness.
- Let your hoodie supplier know if you want custom embroidery or printing for the design of your hoodies. Embroidery has an appealing texture, as well as a raised finish and can add a touch of sophistication to the end product. If you opt for printing, you still need to choose between screen printing and the direct-to-garment (DTG) method. Screen printing is more popular for larger orders and simple designs. However, if you need only a small quantity of hoodies or you want a photo print as the design, DTG is the recommended method.
- Next, you need to decide on the placement of your design: front and centre, at the back, on the sleeve or a combination of these. Some areas may be more difficult to print on, so make sure you talk to your supplier and work out what is achievable.
- Remember to keep your customisation simple. As with all printing, simple designs work best.
Why hoodies make great winter workwear
Many businesses have continued to let employees work in the comfort of their home and that usually means less formal workwear. As Australia moves into the winter months, we may see more and more businesses supplying their staff with custom printed hoodies. Businesses want their WFH employees to feel comfortable but also know that they are at work. The biz-branded hoodie is the perfect solution.
If you’re ready to update your winter garments for your business, school or club, talk to Perth’s printing specialists, The Fabric Printer. We stock hoodies of all sizes and colours and can even help you create your design.
Head online to see the full range of hoodies available or for more information, contact the team at the Fabric Printer today.